Framework Agreement for the continuation of Academia Europaea Knowledge Hub in Wrocław signed
On March 7, 2017 the President of Academia Europaea, Professor Sierd Cloetingh and the Mayor of Wrocław, Rafał Dutkiewicz signed the official Framework Agreement for the Continuation of Academia Europaea Knowledge Hub in Wrocław, which enabled the implementation of the 2017-2018 programme, including a number of projects.
The Academia Europaea Knowledge Hub was opened in 2011 in the heart of the city (No. 13 Market Square) as the first regional office of Academia Europaea.
It was decided that the main objectives of the regional office would be as follows:
- Activation and internationalisation of the local academic institutions and universities,
- Support for Central and Eastern European scholars,
- Establishment and consolidation of relations between foreign and local researchers,
- Presentation of Wrocław’s dynamic scientific environment: local academic and research institutions,
- Organisation and coordination of conferences, symposia, lectures, and seminars.
PLANS OF THE ACADEMIA EUROPAEA WROCŁAW KNOWLEDGE HUB FOR 2017 WERE OUTLINED AS FOLLOWS:
* 38 Max Born Symposium „Crossing Frontiers in Science: a Physicists’ Approach”, Professor J. Indekeu, May 2017
* 4th International Lithuania Congress, Professor B. Stundzia, May 22-24, 2017
* Summer School on Democracy, July 2017
* The Wrocław Seminars: New Nationalism: Sources, Agendas, Languages, September 25-27, 2017
* 44th Congress of Polish Physical Society: Professor S. Nakamura, Professor T. Haensch, Professor A. Zeilinger, September 2017
* Seminar co-organised with the Academy of Young Scholars and Artists, September 2017
* Inauguration of the postgraduate studies in Brewing Technology, October 2017
* Nature 2.0 workshop, late October/early November 2017
* Internal AE meetings in 2017: Bonn (May), Paris (July), and Budapest (September)