The fourth annual meeting of the Young Academy of Europe took place on 7 September 2015 in Darmstadt, Germany. It was organized in conjunction with the Annual General Conference of the Academia Europaea (7 to 10 September).
All YAE members were invited to also attend the AE meeting and vice versa. A separate registration was required via the link.
09:00-09:10 Welcome and introduction, Lynn Kamerlin (Chair of the YAE)
09:10-09:30 Presentation of YAE activities and developments, Lynn Kamerlin (Chair of the YAE)
09:30-10:15 Plenary talk, Jean-Claude Burgelmann (DG Research and Innovation, European Commission)
10:15-10:45 Coffee break
10:45-11:30 Resaver initiative, Christian Keysers (YAE Board)
11:30-12:15 Election of Board members
13:30-17:00 YAE scientific sessions
- LS session
- Nikolaus Weiskopf (Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, UCL, London): „Towards in-vivo histology using magnetic resonance imaging„
- Dana Branzei (FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology Foundation and European Institute of Oncology, Milan): „DNA replication and recombination: tight connections„
- Mangala Srinivas (Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences, Nijmegen): „Shhh….listen!„
- PE session
- Artur Bednarkiewicz (Wroclaw Research Centre EIT+): „Luminescent nanoparticles for life sciences„
- Nicola Pugno (University of Trento): „Bionicomposites„
- Panayiota Poirazi (Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas (FORTH), Heraklion): „The role of dendrites in memory formation„
15:30-16:00 Coffee break
- SH session
- Monica Brinzei (Institut de recherche et d’histoire des textes, Orléans: „Education, school institution and scholars-network during the late middle ages„
- Christian Keysers (Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Amsterdam): „How our brain allows us to empathise with the actions, sensations and emotions of others„
- Hagit Amirav (VU University, Amsterdam): „The interface between sociology and the study of history: Sociological perspectives on the Council of Chalcedon (AD 451)„
64289 Darmstadt, Germany
Participation & Registration:
- Participation to the YAE Annual Meeting was open to current members of the YAE, to current members of the AE, as well as to other participants by invitation.
- There was a 80 EUR meeting fee for all participants. A surcharge of 20 EUR was applied to cash payments made on site at the meeting.
- Registration was available here.